Children’s Day is celebrated all over India for increasing the awareness regarding rights, care and education of Children. It is celebrated on 14 November every year. It is a tribute to the India’s First Prime Minister. The Children’s Day is celebrated all over the world on 20 November.
“Every Child is a different kind of Flower all together, make the world a beautiful garden”
Meaning of Children’s Day:
Children’s Day is celebrated to honor Children globally sight at protecting them from working long hours in dangerous situations and allowing access to rightful education. So Children’s Day has been celebrate nationally since 1920 with the government and the newspapers of the time declaring it a day for the children.
Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru had said that they might not have time for adults but they have enough time for the children. This sentence shows that they have special soft corner for the Children.
Every year Children’s Day is celebrate on the birth Anniversary of India’s first Prime Minister Jawaharlal Nehru. It is on 14 November. Nehru fondly name as ‘Chacha Nehru’. He was famous for his affection for kids.
The children of today will make the India of tomorrow. The way we bring them up will determine the future of the country,” Said by Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru.
C – Courage
H – Honest
I – Intelligent
L – Lovely
D – Development
R – Rapid
E – Emotional
N – Naughty
After Independence in the year 1959, first Children’s Day was celebrate in India. But after the death of Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru in the year 1964 it was change from the date 20 November to 14 November.
If there is education, there will be everything in life. Government can make roads, hospitals and also construct school buildings. But your homes can brighten up only if your children are educated. I am confident that if we focus on education, our society will certainly develop. Said by Narendra Modi.
Rights of the Children:
- Every child has a right to be born well. It is the responsibility of the Parents to provide a safe and healthy environment to the unborn child.
- Children has the right to a sustaining family because the child’s first learning environment and teachers are their home and family.
- Every child can raise well and become income generating member of the society. It can be provided by their parents.
- Children has right for the basic need. Basic needs include balanced diet, adequate cloths, sufficient shelter, and proper healthcare.
- After the Basic requirement the child needs the atmosphere of play they will grow. Because it is their right to access what they need to have good life.
- The most important and necessary rights for children is providing them education. Because every child has to generate this right.
- Children have right to get busy in recreational activity whenever they wish and not utilize for events.
- All hazards that could affect their physical, mental, and emotional states, such as removing them from dangerous living situations, preventing them from getting into accidents, or protecting them from the abuse of adults, to name a few. So they should be protected from danger.
- Children should be surrounded by safe communities that inspire them to give back when they are older. Because they have right to live in a productive environment.
- Every child has right to be care for in the absence of their parent or guardian. So State shall assume custody and care for the child, and provide them fundamental needs for their growth and Development.
- Children has right for the good governing also.
Education to the Children:
“Children are entitle to do the things as per their choice in their life. So long it contributes to peace and betterment of the society”.
Every Child is entitling to get the education because the children of today are regulating up to become adult citizen. Their growth walks in hand with the future of country. It is shaping one’s personality and the way he/she deals with situations of life. The shift of thoughts from bookish knowledge to knowledge of life, in schools, has brought forth a sea of change.
The School education must focus on the Mental Aspect, Social Aspect, Physical Aspect, and overall development of Child. And also the school must provide safe and healthy environment for the positive learning of a Children.
Children Welfare Programs:
But in the present Situation many children are there who have not ever visited the school. They have the intention to get the knowledgeable person and live a better life but they are not provided with it.
At every corner child are abused, child labor activity is performed with them. Still they are not provided the basic requirements. They are not supported with their talents and the child turns to the bad future for the Country.
Because of Poverty many children are not able to get education and their life turns into the black hole as they are not living in the safe and healthy environment.
Keeping this situation in mind government has introduce many programs for the welfare and safety of the children.
The list of the programs for the Children are as follow:
Child Abuse Prevention and Treatment Act (CAPTA)
The Child Care and Development Fund (CCDF)
Community Services block grants
Child Welfare Coordination Grants
Family Block Grant
Promoting Safe and Stable families program
Rural Community Development (RCD)
Social Service Block Grant
Substance Abuse and Treatment Block Grant
Title IV-E Adoption Assistance and State Adoption Subsidies for Adoptive Parents
Tribal Early Learning Initiative (TELI)
So this were the 12 rights of Children, programs for children and the information regarding the Children’s Day. It is the moral duty of every citizen to follow it. And allow children to grow well and enjoy their life thoroughly. Every individual should protect the rights for the children because they are the future of the country.
Children are like wet cement whatever falls on them makes an impression.