Rishi Kapoor is Second Son Of Legend Raj Kapoor and Krishna Raj Kapoor.He was Raj Kapoor’s third born. he had debuted in Raj Kapoor’s 1970 film Mera Naam Joker,playing a childhood role of his father. his First Lead role as an adult in 1973 with ‘Bobby’ opposite Dimple Kapadia.He also received the Filmfare Best Actor Award in 1974 for the same .
Bollywood Actor Rishi Kapoor Breathed his Last on 30 April 2020. Rishi Kapoor was hospitalised on April 29,2020(wednesday) after complaining that he was not feeling well.On april 30,2020 Rishi Kapoor passes away at 67 after a long battle fought with Cancer.He was admitted to Sir HN Reliance Foundation Hospital in Mumbai .
In 2018,Rishi Kapoor Was diagnosed with cancer for the first time.He was in New York for nearly a year to undergo treatment . He returned to India in September 2019 after recovering.While Suffering With Cancer he Had been shooting for ‘Sharmaji Namkeen’.
Early Life and Family:
Rishi Kapoor is Second Son Of Legend Raj Kapoor and Krishna Raj Kapoor. He was Raj Kapoor’s third born, after Randhir and later Ritu Nanda, he was Older to Reema Jain and Rajeev Kapoor. Rishi Kapoor was born in Chembur, Bombay in a Punjabi family. He was grandson of Actor Prithviraj Kapoor. He did the schooling with his brother at Campion School, Mumbai and Mayo College, Ajmer.
His Brothers, Randhir Kapoor and Rajiv Kapoor, Maternal Uncles Prem Nath, Rajendra Nath and Prem Chopra and Peternal uncles Shashi Kapoor and Shammi Kapoor are all actors. He has Two sisters, Insurance agent Ritu Nanda and Rima Jain. He Married to the Actress Neetu Singh in 1980.He has two Children Riddhima kapoor and Ranbir Kapoor.
First introduction to Films:
His first ever role in a movie was for Raj Kapoor’s Shree 420, where in the song “Pyaar Hua, Iqraar Hua”.He is walking through the Rain with 2 other small children.He once stated Nargis had bribed him to do the scene with some Chocolate.
1970-2000 Debut, success, public recognition and decrease in Work load:
Rishi Kapoor debuted in Raj Kapoor’s 1970 film Mera Naam Joker, playing a childhood role of his father. He had his first lead role as an adult, opposite Dimple Kapadia in the 1973 film Bobby in an interview in 2012,he stated “there was misconseption that the film was made to launch me as an Actor “.The film was actually made to pay the debts of Mera Naam Joker. Dad wanted to make a teenage love story and he did not have money to cast Rajesh Khanna in the film. Bobby was one of the decade’s biggest hits in India.
Only 11 of his 51 solo hero films were successful at box office. and 25 of the 41 multi-hero films were successful Rishi Kapoor had 51 films as the solo lead hero from 1973-2000,but 40 of them were box office flops and only 11 managed to be hits .He had a lead hero role in two-hero films only 13 times.
In 1999 he directed the film Aa ab laut chalen, starring Rajesh Khanna, Aishwariya Rai and Akshaye Khanna in lead roles.His last film as a romantic lead was the delayed The business of love Karobar (2000)
- 1970 -National Film Award and Bengal Film Journalists Association Award for Mera Naam Joker
- 1974 -Filmfare Award for Best Actor for Bobby
- 2008 -Filmfare Lifetime Achievement Award
- 2009 -Honoured by Russian Government for contribution to cinema
- 2010 -Apsara film & Television Producers Guild Award: best Actor in Supporting role for Love Aaj Kal
- 2011 -Zee cine Awards: Best Lifetime Jodi along with Neetu Singh
- 2011 -Filmfare critics Award for Best Actor for Do Dooni Chaar
- 2013 -TOIFA for best Actor in Negative Role for Agneepath
- 2016 -Screen Lifetime Achievement Award
- 2017 -Screen Award for Best Supporting Actor for Kapoor & sons
- 2017 -Filmfare Award for Best Supporting Actor for Kapoor & Sons
- 2017 -Zee Cine Awards for Best Actor In a Supporting Role- male for Kapoor & Sons
- 2017-Zee Cine Awards for Best Actor In a comic Role For Kapoor & Sons
Films of Rishi Kapoor:
- Mera Naam Joker(1970)
- Laila Majnu(1976)
- Kabhie Kabhie(1976)
- Amar Akbar Anthony(1977)
- Prem Rog(1982)
- Bol Radha Bol(1992)
- Hum tum(2004)
- Luck by Chance(2009)
- Love Aaj Kal(2009)
- Do Dooni Chaar(2010)
- Student of the Year(2012)
- Kapoor & Sons(2016)
- 102 Not Out(2018)